Thanks to technology, consumer banking has never been so easy. Then again, this doesn’t mean there isn’t room for more innovation.
In his article “What Consumers Want From Banks in 2019 and Beyond,” Global Web Index writer Chris Beer said clients, especially millennials, “want financial services to be more integrated with their day-to-day lives, which includes their most common payments and more proactivity with budgeting, including warnings on unsustainable spending habits.” As such, Beer noted that banks have to “seize the initiative in adhering to consumers’ lifestyles.”
This insight has not been lost on BPI, which has recently upgraded its online platform and mobile app. New features will give you easy access and convenience when you do several key transactions.
1. E-Wallet Loading. There’s practically no more waiting time when you load your GCash, PayMaya , Beep, Easytrip, and Autosweep RFID e-wallets. Just use your laptop to access the online platform, or whip out your smartphone to open your mobile app.
2. Inter-Bank Funds Transfer (IBFT) or InstaPay. Ditch the stress of having to go from one bank to another for various transactions. You can now make transfers of up to P50,000 in real-time to other Philippine banks.
3. Dollar-to-Peso Transfers or Online Foreign Exchange (FX). You can easily convert currency from your dollar accounts to peso accounts. In this sense, BPI Online functions as a real-time online foreign exchange platform.
4. Recent and Favorite Transactions. You can view your last three (3) transactions and save your 10 favorite unenrolled accounts for easier access. No need to do a mad scramble each time you want to do the same transactions.
5. Redesigned Credit Card Payment Options. You can now find links for paying the full and minimum amount in your My Accounts section. Just click on the appropriate link and you’ll get to the Bills Payment page with auto-populated fields.
These upgrades make digital financial transactions more convenient and secure via BPI’s digital platforms. They save a lot of time, and you get the chance to do other important things.