“All set to welcome a new batch of digitally driven industry game-changers, #BeTheBoss is back for year two as it continues on its mission to recognize excellence in technological innovation and digital integration,” PLDT said. #BeTheBoss is PLDT SME Nation?s pioneering social media crowd-sourcing search for the new generation of entrepreneurs. “Our goal is simple and poignant?to demonstrate how digital technology can empower micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and help them grow their business by looking to young and savvy entrepreneurs who?ve actually done it,? said Mitch Locsin, vice president and head of PLDT SME Nation. Interested parties can nominate online until July 10, 2016. A panel of judges will short-list the nominations and choose the top three finalists for each category. The final phase will be the online public voting which will comprise 40 percent of the finalists? score. This year?s award categories include:
- Boss for E-Commerce is for the e-commerce champ who knows how to own the internet and its opportunities through an innovative application or an online service;
- Boss for Social Media is the entrepreneur who knows how to maximize social media platforms and use it for growing an online community;
- Boss for Social Responsibility is the entrepreneur who goes beyond marketability and profitability by giving back to the community; and finally,
- Boss for Innovative Solutions is for the leader who thinks outside the proverbial box and utilizes technology to offer services and ideas that cater to a broad audience.
- Boss for E-Commerce Kim Lato of online tech store Kimstore
- Boss for Social Media and top wedding photographer Jason Magbanua
- Boss for Customer Service and queuing solutions company TimeFree Innovations founder Chino Atilano,
- Boss for Social Responsibility and Messy Bessy founder Kristine Reyes-Lopez, and
- Boss for Mobile Readiness and mobile app MobKard founder Carlo Calimon.