At a launch event held at the Manila Peninsula Hotel in Makati City on January 9, newly appointed Fuji Xerox Philippines president Hideaki Kato led the unveiling of 14 new models of digital color multifunction printers: the ApeosPort-VII C/DocuCentre-VII C series.
Based on the Fuji Xerox Smart Work Gateway concept, each series comes in seven speed ranges to match the business demand of customers.
The ApeosPort-VII C / DocuCentre-VII C series has 10.1-inch control panel that can be tapped and swiped just like a smartphone with its upgraded interactive user interface.
The paper trays have an easy-to-operate retraction mechanism that allows them to be opened and closed quietly when replenishing paper.
Also a major feature are the lights and sounds from the printer which alert users about job progress and confidential documents left behind to help prevent information leakages.
To comply with new international standards for data privacy and device protection, the ApeosPort-VII C / DocuCentre-VII C series offer enhanced security functions for both hardware and software with expansive network communications.
Each multifunction printer can be connected to two disassociated networks, enabling the user to separate communications, delivering data security within the office.
The new series incorporate a host of services that deliver key operating information such as pre-emptive alerts, usage data and required resources, which allow users to mitigate downtime, maximize productivity, and thus increase operating margin.
Coinciding with the launch of the series, Fuji Xerox expanded its software and cloud services line-up to help businesses work smarter.
- Print anywhere
- The Cloud On-Demand Print service allows the user to print from Fuji Xerox multifunction printers anywhere and anytime. A maximum of 3,000 printers can be used by a maximum of 30,000 registered users ? especially beneficial for larger organizations.
- Azure Active Directory authentication now enables interfacing with the Microsoft cloud services OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.
- Document workflow that promotes the use of digital documents
- DocuWorks Tray 2 allows digital documents to be delivered through the document tray; facilitating the design of business workflows and the utilization of digital documents.
- Fuji Xerox owned cloud document management service, Working Folder now enables unregistered users to send documents ? making the exchange of documents with external business partners convenient.
- Connectivity with the user?s current cloud platform
- Cloud Service Hub connects multifunction printers with cloud storage services from various vendors using a single interface. With the Cloud Service Hub, optical character recognition (OCR) performed when the user scans and stores a new document allows the user to search for files across several cloud storage services on the single interface.
- ApeosWare Management Suite 2 allows scanned documents to be saved to OneDrive for Business.
- Device and cost management
- Device Log Service is a cloud service that aggregates data about multifunction printer usage via the web. The enhanced features enable data aggregation of up to 1,500 multifunction printers and to automatically import and utilize information on LDAP/ActiveDirectory users ? especially beneficial for large organizations.