Last month, QBO Innovation Hub and JP Morgan teamed up and presented 15 local tech startups that are making waves in the industry at the INQBATION Startup Showcase 2019.
With the local startup ecosystem in the country consistently thriving and increasing recognition for offering solutions that leverage enabling technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities, more startups are gaining ground and even plotting expansion during their early years of inception.
The following are in the roster of featured startups:
- AdMov – This is a smart advertising platform that uses AI for advertising purposes.
- Container Living – This is a construction technology company.
- Cropital – This is a platform that aims to connect small farmers and funders.
- Exora Technologies – This is an end-to-end energy solution platform that cuts electricity costs for clients.
- Investagrams – This is a a social fintech platform which helps Filipinos invest in the stock market through in-app tutorials and other tools designed to make investing in equities easier.
- Kumu – This is a livestream and community platform.
- Learntalk – This an online platform for learning English with native teachers via on-demand live video chat English lessons.
- LexMeet! – This company offers technology to help legal professionals.
- MAD Travel – This is a platform that works for and with marginalized and indigenous communities in the Philippines to push sustainable social tourism.
- OneWatt – This is a service that implements predictive maintenance for industrial motors.
- Payo – This is a gateway that manages and simplifies cash-on- delivery transactions for e-commerce platforms.
- Pushkart.ph – This is an online grocery service.
- Senti – This is a pioneering AI company that started as a data and sentiment analysis platform.
- StreetBy – This is a lifestyle platform that allows merchants and consumers to access a marketplace in one mobile app.
- Washub – This is an app facilitating on-demand laundry and cleaning service.
Katrina Chan, QBO director, explained that the INQBATION Startup Showcase puts the spotlight on local startups that lead in innovative and scalable solutions for real world problems. In line with this, she also hopes that investors, corporations, and partners will take notice of these startups.
“The startups grew with QBO and JP Morgan through the INQBATION program and are creating tremendous impact. We’re glad to give them the spotlight they deserve and invite more partners to join us in uplifting our burgeoning local startup community,” shared Chan.
“It was a privilege and a pleasure to help create opportunities for these startups,” said Carlos Ma. G. Mendoza, senior country officer for JP Morgan Philippines. “We are proud to have supported this program as it enabled small businesses and positively impacted underserved communities.”
Rene Meily, president of QBO, the program aims to open up opportunities to startups who are creating scalable, positive impacts. He also added that by showcasing startups that have the potential to succeed as a business, more companies and institutions will get onboard in supporting the local startup ecosystem.
For more information about the INQBATION Startup Showcase 2019, click this link. — With additional text by Faye Valencia