In an attempt to veer away from its identity as an exclusive digital payment platform of giant mall operator SM, ePlus is expanding its pool of merchants with the recent addition of PlayPark gaming portal to its list.
At a recent media launch in Makati City, e-Plus assistant vice president Sahara Jean P. Garnica said ePlus wants to be known as an open and agnostic digital payment program that can be used in various transaction and different commercial fields.
Towards this direction, Garnica said that in addition to the reloadable card, ePlus users can now transfer their credits to their ePlus online account to purchase SM Cinema movie tickets and play games and buy accessories through PlayPark.
She said ePlus Online will soon include food, retail shopping, gaming, leisure and entertainment merchants to extend more day-to-day convenience to its cardholders and to further promote the reach of the cashless payment innovation in the Philippines.
To pay for SM Cinema tickets using ePlus Online, cardholders need only to follow the following steps:
• Register ePlus card at www.eplus.ph to create an ePlus Online Wallet. The successful registration allows cardholders to transfer the load from their physical card to their ePlus Online account.
• Select your preferred movie and schedule at www.smcinema.com and choose ePlus Online as payment option.
• Users will be redirected to the Openbucks payment gateway. Enter your 16-digit ePlus card number and 6-digit ePlus Online numeric PIN.
• A confirmation message will appear to notify the user of a successful transaction.
• Head straight to your assigned cinema and scan the e-ticket at the SM Cinema turnstile.
In addition to the convenience of movie ticket purchases, cardholders can now also play popular online desktop and mobile games from Level Up, published and operated by PlayPark.
Avid gamers can play Cabal, Special Forces 2, or Zone 4 when they load up or top up their Level Up accounts using your ePlus card online through these steps:
• Choose the desired load denomination and enter your ePlus card number plus PIN.
• A receipt will be sent to the user’s registered email address to confirm a successful transaction.
To make its newest online payment system possible, ePlus Online partnered with Openbucks, an online cash-based payment solutions company that provides online payment platforms to some of the world’s biggest brands.