Honeywell welcomed automation professionals at its Philippines Technology Summit 2019, which was held last July 18 at the Grand Hyatt Manila in Bonifacio Global City.
Honeywell presented technology that would drive the country’s digital transformation — specifically, cloud connected technologies designed to tackle the challenges of the Philippines’ industrial operations.
Honeywell Philippines International president Jeffrey Estrella explained, “With our IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) offerings, we support future growth through technological advances for a wide variety of industries, improving industrial operations, and developing a new generation of skilled workers. We want to move from just being industrial to software industrial company.”
Indeed, Honeywell uses their IIOT connective technologies to gather and analyze data for monitoring and improving plant transformations.
“Software and tools leveraging IIOT technology analytics are embedded in the technology to provide customer actionable insights,” added Ow Wah Heng regional business leader of Honeywell Connected Enterprise, Industrial Solutions in Southeast Asia.
Ow Wah Heng also discussed the company’s commitment to investing in People, Assets and Processes in order to reduce risk and staying ahead of future classes of cyber-attacks.
Honeywell’s new automation products include the following:
- Honeywell Trace. Data collection software that captures and records data with wide-ranging search and analysis functions.
- Industrial Cybersecurity Solutions. Assistive solutions for critical infrastructure sectors that defend availability, reliability and safety of industrial control systems (ICS) and plant operations.
- Honeywell’s Terminal Manager. Software integrated with the Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS) platform providing a complete terminal automation solution. It manages critical issues with bulk liquid terminals such as complexity in handling multiple products and regulatory requirements while improving safety and productivity.
- ControlEdge PLC. One of the controllers that supports Honeywell’s IIOT initiative, it provides connectivity through all levels of process and business operations, liberating plant personnel from manual processes.
- Experion Orion Console. Console made for Honeywell’s initiative of shaping and controlling rooms. It is a Single Visual Workspace design which can simultaneously show information from digital video, alarm management, advanced process control.
- Immersive Competency. Cloud-based simulation that combines augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) for plant personnel training.
- Intelligent Wearables. Hands-free, wearable technology for industrial workers. Head mounted visual display with voice recognition that has live data feed of documents, work procedures and health and safety information that can easily be communicated between field workers.