Cloud computing has been a game changer for businesses. A CIO Advisor article points out: “Enterprises have been rapidly incorporating cloud technology over the last few years because of its ability to access computer processing and storage capabilities.”
Backed by 17 years of R&D experience in storage technologies, Huawei has been able to offer solutions that serve as key pieces in high-performance IT infrastructures. What makes them more attractive to customers is the fact that the company’s offerings come at a low entry point without sacrificing performance and scalability. They are able to support fast analysis for massive amounts of data and facilitate the quick extraction of valuable insights.
Recommended storage solution
Huawei’s storage solutions has received great reviews for being customer-oriented, data-centric, and advocating the concept of data-on-demand service.
The Huawei Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage is one of the more recent additions to the company’s acclaimed Dorado All-Flash Storage series. It is the industry’s first commercial use of NVMe storage, which is deemed “the ideal choice for enterprise mission-critical businesses.” This product line has served key industry customers worldwide such as Volkswagen, Vodafone, Saudi Aramco, the Russian Post, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Mobile, and China Pacific Insurance Group.
DCIG — which provides comprehensive insights on various cloud, enterprise data storage, and enterprise data protection technologies — recommended the Huawei Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage in its 2018-19 All-Flash Array Buyer’s Guide.
Huawei Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage has served customers in finance, manufacturing, and telecommunications. It is also ideal for all other sectors that require a better way to manage the explosive growth of its customer and business data.
The retail sector in the Philippines — particularly store chains with multiple locations or hundreds of outlets would benefit from Huawei Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage. These companies need to fully embrace digital transformation and upgrade its storage systems to one that is part of a future-proofed IT infrastructure.
In terms of system reliability and performance, Huawei offers a converged Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network-Attached Storage (NAS) solution incorporating remote disaster recovery (DR) and end-to-end Converged Data Management (CDM) This was in sync with the customer-centric and service-oriented approach of retail stores.
Retail companies would likewise be impressed by the storace solution’s compression capability, as this significantly lowers the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Huawei Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage ensures retail chains that online payment transactions and other real-time processes — such as checking the status or updating their customers’ store-issued loyalty or discount cards — happen quickly and seamlessly.
To sum up, the benefits that businesses get with the Dorado5000 + NVMe All-Flash Storage are the following:
- Centralized DR – IT managers can visually monitor the operating status of its DR services and easily perform one-click DR or DR testing.
- Friction-free Operations and management (O&M) – The process has been made easier with the use of OceanStor BCManager — Huawei’s DR and backup management software.
- Lower TCO – This is made possible by Huawei’s industry-leading inline compression and de-duplication technology, backing up by data reduction at a ratio of 5:1. Businesses can also enjoy further investment protection with Huawei’s Smart Virtualization technology, which allows the seamless management of heterogeneous storage systems from both legacy and new storage infrastructures.
- No downtime – Powered by intelligent chips, NVMe architecture, and Huawei FlashLink intelligent algorithms, the solution provides industry-leading Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS) with 0.3-millisecond latency and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 3 million hours.
- Simplified data backup – It comes with a permanent incremental backup system, synthesis-free recovery technology, and multi-tenant automatic backup for FusionCloud — Huawei’s cloud computing platform.
- Zero data loss – Huawei’s CDM solution and the solutions active/active architecture assures the company that there will be no data loss in the event of any fault at either of the sites.
With Dorado5000+NVMe All-Flash Storage at the core of its IT infrastructure, a company enjoys superb performance and comprehensive enterprise-class capabilities. It also boasts of 99.9999% reliability, 24×7 business continuity, as well as significant operating expenditures (OPEX) savings.