Japanese tech titan Epson has announced the launch of its high-speed line head Multi-Function monochrome inkjet printer for enterprise printing — the WorkForce Enterprise WF-M20590.
The new inkjet machine prints at ultra-fast speeds of 100 pages per minute (ppm) while reducing impact to the environment when compared to laser printers.
Driven by Epson’s PrecisionCore linehead technology, the WF-M20590 delivers a fast first page-out time of 6.2 seconds with minimal warm-up time.
High capacity ink cartridges yield up to 120,000 pages of high-quality prints, enabling continuous printing with uninterrupted downtime and a lower total cost of ownership. Designed to meet the high-volume printing needs of businesses, the printer can handle print volume of 20,000 to 100,000 pages per month.
As inkjet printers do not use heat in the printing process, they consume far less power than laser printers. The WorkForce Enterprise printers consume up to 85% less energy than a similar-speed laser printer, which can amount to significant cost savings in the office.
Inkjet printers also produce up to 85% less carbon dioxide than those of comparable laser printers. This means that for every 8 cedar trees required to absorb the amount of carbon dioxide because of using a laser printer, an Epson inkjet printer requires only 1 cedar tree.
In terms of waste generation, the WorkForce Enterprise printers come with fewer components that need replacing, making them more convenient to operate as they require only changing of the ink cartridges and maintenance box as compared to the toner, drum, developer, fusers and more components for laser models.
This translates to 59% less replacement parts compared to laser printers, significantly reducing the amount of waste generated and impact on the environment over the lifetime of a printer. With this, downtime is greatly reduced, with much less maintenance for the printer needed over its lifetime.
“Following the success of the WF-C20590, we are introducing the monochrome WF-M20590 for black and white printing. The WF-M20590 provides an eco-friendly alternative to laser printers while delivering on its 100ppm speed and productivity,” said Eduardo Bonoan, general manager for marketing at Epson Philippines.
“As Epson’s inkjet technology does not use heat for printing, the benefits that this brings are manifold – Reduced maintenance and downtime, no warm-up time required for first print out, ability to print on a wide variety of paper types, and of course, a much-reduced impact to the environment in terms of energy consumption and waste generated.”
- High speed scan (simplex / duplex): 60 / 110ipm
- Low power consumption – 180W (operating)
- Default print resolution 600 x 1200dpi – High print quality up to 600 x 2400dpi
- DuraBrite Pro pigment inks
- Diverse media handling – Up to A3+ size on a range of media types of varying thickness of up to 350g/m2 and length of up to 1.2m.
- 5,350 sheet (80g/m2) max paper input with optional high capacity tray
- 4,000 sheet optional finisher unit with shift-sorting and stapling functions
- Versatile connectivity – Equipped with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB 3.0, NFC and various mobile and remote printing solutions. Users can print and scan directly to smart devices.
- Advanced workflow solutions – Epson Device Admin for fleet management and Epson Print Admin for secured centralized management.