What’s wrong with the DFA’s Passport Appointment System?

At the start of the year, many people whose passports were up for renewal logged on to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) online Passport Appointment System. Much to their surprise, nearly all of the slots up to March 28, 2018 this year were already taken.

In fact, it is worth noting that all the slots in the DFA’s Metro Manila satellite offices were already gone. This left others no other choice but to book appointments in DFA offices outside Metro Manila such as Palawan or Tuguegarao.

• DFA

However, before the first week of January was over ALL the passport appointment slots up to the end of March in ALL DFA offices all over the country were gone.

Slots taken by travel agencies and fixers?

Interestingly enough, a number of people based in Metro Manila said that they easily secured passport appointment slots with the help of travel agencies. There were also others who claimed that they resorted to transacting with “fixers.”

In fact, staunch Duterte administration supporter Sass Rogando Sassot featured on her Facebook page a complaint sent to her by a concerned citizen.

We are re-posting the concerned citizen’s letter (full and unedited) to Sassot:

Hi Sass,

I have been reading and following your blogs for quite some time now and I have seen how you have made efforts to help or raise concern on matters that impact our country or the government. I would like to request your help in escalating my concern to Sec Peter Cayetano regarding the passport appointment system in DFA.

My husband recently needed to renew his passport and tried to book an appointment online via passport.gov.ph but it seems that all 3 full monhs have been booked and blocked already in ALL locations and satellite offices. His passport is about to expire in March and the system only shows 3months so even if we wanted to book much earlier, it would have been way too early. In any case, I was surprised that, again, all appointments for the next 3 months are booked in ALL locations (check it and you’ll see!). Is this really possible??? Now I asked around and checked if any travel agencies are offering passport assistance and there seems to be a lot of them, all with available appointments on hand – and you can even select your preferred date!

When I asked how it is possible for them to secure those appointments without any applicant yet, I was told that they are being “assisted” by some DFA employees to block the schedules and in turn, they pay them. As my husband’s passport is already expiring, I used their services as I had no choice. All the schedules are blocked and I am guessing even if the appointment calendar shows 6 months, those will be blocked as well. Now, what I am really concerned about is the fee being collected. The “assistance” to schedule an appointment costs P4.500!!! this does not even include the actual passport fees. This is just for the supposedly “free” appointment schedule!!! And from what the travel agent told me, P2.500 goes to the DFA employee while the rest they keep. This is blatant corruption!!! If there are, say 30 applicants per hour on an 8-hr day, the corrupt employee is earning about P600,000 per day just blocking a whole day’s appointment in one location! I don’t think though this is just one person but there are many of them inside this government agency. It is very frustrating to know that while Tatay Digong is trying to clean up our government of corruption, this hocus-pocus blatantly exists in the agency where a lot of OFWs will be impacted. It just does not feel right to me that this practice should continue and be tolerated. Garapal ang kasakiman at pangugulang ng mga corrupt sa DFA and I cannot, for my own sanity, just sit down and just let this pass.

While I admit that I had no option but to use the “services”, I am hoping that with this letter, we can push Sec Cayetano to really look much closer into this matter and act on it. The enemy is hiding inside his fortress and he needs to find and eliminate them. If we really want a corrupt-free government, PLEASE help in stopping this practice in DFA.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope you could help in ensuring this reaches Sec Cayetano.

For my own security, I would appreciate that you do not publish my full name. But just for your benefit that I am not making this up and that I am a real person, you can find my profile in linkedin (OF) – I work for ________, an _______ company and I am one of their executives and also a freqent traveller.

Thanks again and more power to you! God Bless!

regards,
OF

Possible DFA glitch?

Newsbytes.PH tried to get in touch with the DFA via the following email addresses, which were published in its previous passport-related announcements:

• passportconcerns@dfa.gov.ph
  • pisu@dfa.gov.ph
  • passport@oca.dfa.gov.ph

Unfortunately, all our emails bounced. Instead of the DFA’s much-awaited answer, we got the dreaded Mailer Daemon notices. We also sent a message to the DFA’s Facebook page but we also didn’t get any answers from there.

We are also re-posting the email we sent to the DFA. Here’s hoping somebody who can give us answers will get to read it.

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:04:26 +0800
Subject: Very Urgent: Query About Passport Appointments
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

I am writer for Newsbytes.ph (I have CC-ed our editor-in-chief) and I have a question about the DFA’s online passport appointment system.

Are you having problems with it or is it really for real that ALL slots in ALL your offices are already taken? I just checked it at 11 a.m. today, January 10 and every single DFA office indicates that slots are full until March 28, 2018.

If you are experiencing a glitch, please know that so many people are already worried about it not being fixed since late last year.

What is the problem? There are so many people who are claiming that fixers are already “selling” these passport appointment slots. Others also claim that travel agencies are offering them slots but for fees ranging from PHP2,000 to PHP4,500 or even PHP5,000.

Please issue an announcement or official statement about this issue. This way you can put to rest the very disturbing claims made by a number of people.

In an era where going digital is supposed to take us places, the DFA’s Passport Appointment System has left us stuck in a not-so-ideal spot.

Meanwhile, more and more irate Pinoys have expressed the frustration through written reviews on the DFA Facebook page. Here are a few of them.

df

Miraculous development

Meanwhile, amid the intensified online furor over the DFA’s Passport appointment system, motoring journalist James Deakin posted a message sent to him via his Facebook page.

D

It seems that as of noon on Friday, January 12, slots have miraculously become available again. Deakin himself wrote this caption to accompany the screenshot of the Facebook message: “It’s a miracle!!!! Imagine the coincidence of all those people cancelling last minute. How nice of them.”

There’s no way of knowing what caused the slots to suddenly become available. Is the DFA just dealing with a system malfunction or glitch of some kind? If so, perhaps they really should be more open about the challenges they are facing. Otherwise, a lot of people will take advantage of the situation.

Bottom line: It’s still a problem and the DFA needs to fix it ASAP.

131 Comments

1. jean

January 23, 2018 at 1:47 PM

what happen to dfa online passport site? i can’t access.. we need to make an appointment for my husbandd passport. pls resolve it.

• Onin

March 24, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Lalong lumala ang dfa nangungurakot na mga yan kasi malaki nagastos nakaraan election e talo pa.. Tapos sasabihin na lng may sindikato sa loob ng dfa, ang tanong e sino ba ang namumuno

• Gimby

March 30, 2018 at 7:33 PM

Bakit pag tayo ang mag online fully schedule ,pero Kong sa mga online services ,makakuha ng appointment, eh tag 250 kaya,mas magastos na,eh OK na sana pas tayo lang makasave pa.

• Kris

April 2, 2018 at 8:50 AM

Wala akong hilig magcomment sa mga ganito but this time im on it, nakaka frustrate ang system, kung meron nga lang ako makakakontak na mabebentahan ako ng slot even 2500 cost i will grab that talaga

Nakakadissapoint ang system ng dfa ngayon, naglagay ng online system for schedules but they closed the walk ins and only opened to special individuals which i have no againts naman to those special individuals

But what dissapointing ay yung sa kanila lang inopen ang walk in, online or walk in dapat by choice yan, hindi yung nag lagay ng online system pero nakakontrol sila sa pagbubukas ng slots tapos nakasara ang walk in, dapat by choice yan, graveng pahirap, napakabilis mapuno ang slots tapos naka control pa nila ang pagbubukas, at walang ibang choice dahil sarado ang walk in sa regular individuals, DAPAT BY CHOICE YAN,OUR OWN FREE WILL KUNG WALK IN OR ONLINE ANG PILIIN NATEN, SA IBANG BANSA NGA POST OFFICE PUEDE KANG MAGFILE NG FORM FOR YOUR PASSPORT PROCESS AND MARAMING OPTIONS PO, Kaya hindi hirap ang mga tao sa pagkuha ng passport at hindi din stress ang mga passport workers and hindi volume ang tao sa mga passport offices dahil madaming options , madami silang workers in different offices , at hindi lang offices ang madami sa kanila, mas marami ang workers na nakatalaga sa post office yung iba, yung iba sa mga malls

Ang online ay hindi naka control, pay as you get online din,ang wak in hindi naka close

• JUAN

April 2, 2018 at 9:04 PM

2,500 is too much maam..

• L

April 5, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Nakapagpaappointment po ako this yr samin ng family ko.. first is nung january, same month po appointment ko. and now nakakuha ako ng sched for april 13. suggest ko po sa inyo icheck nyo palagi site nila. base on my experience, 11pm-3am nag oopen sila ng slot. today lahat ng slot sa metro manila for april 2018 is open. sana po makakuha kayo. no need to pay po. tyaga lang sa pagcheck ng website nila. you can have your appointment on the same month.

• A

April 6, 2018 at 8:27 PM

Sarado na ulit lahat ng slots for 3 months

• shane

April 21, 2018 at 2:29 AM

yeah, 2500 is too much to pay just to schedule to the people who need an appointment lang yan ha…iba pa ang bayad sa dfa nah, 1200..some asking me 1800 or etc…lol 🙁 ang hirap na nga ng buhay, kailangan pa mangurupt ..

• phylliskath

April 24, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Full pa rin ang slots until June June 2018. I even tried opening it during off peak hours however ganun pa rin yung result. Yung totoo?

2. Dennis

January 23, 2018 at 7:38 PM

same with me I’m trying to open the site and fill up the information but suddenly not responding. Please resolve this matter I really need to renew my passport.

3. Ann

January 23, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Same here. Several times earlier, it was “error in processing request”. Now it’s “Request Rejected” and I couldn’t even enter the site..Please DFA, do something about this. My family and I have been trying to get a passport appointment schedule since the start of the year. Now that there were slots open, suddenly there’s a problem with the site??

• Kris

April 2, 2018 at 8:55 AM

Ganyan din nga saken, nov.last year pako kumukuha ng slots pero mabilis xang mapuno, tumawag ako sa dfa ang sagot saken kelagan talaga tiagaan daw sa pagcheck, e papano ang mga taong nagpupunta lang ng mga internet shop at mga taong limited and availability na humarap sa computer? Dahil sa sobrang.pahirap talagang walang pagasa, expired na ngayong march ang passport namin ng anak ko

4. Lou

January 23, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Same here the page says error. I really need it badly.

5. kaycee

January 24, 2018 at 9:17 AM

there are so many slots but i cannot get a slot whats happenning? paasa?

6. kaycee

January 24, 2018 at 9:18 AM

whats happening to dfa appointments? there are so many appointments but i cannot get one

7. Orlando Villaverde Jr.

January 24, 2018 at 11:31 AM

The next available slot will be on April. I guess makikiangkas na lang ako sa susunod na flight!

8. Revelyn Almonte

January 25, 2018 at 5:57 AM

Hi, passport on line application is fully until JUNE 2018 now for Manila and Matro Manila area.

9. EDEN D. Atienza

January 25, 2018 at 11:39 PM

Anong nangyayari halos Feb. March April may June.. Walang slot para sa renewal.. Sa totoo Lang Masaganda Pa nun walk in.. Agapan Mo lang panigurado at sigurado makaka renew Ka Ng pasport.. pero nag try kami mag ask ka agency 3k ang bayad at may slot processing 1 month and Un. Kng agency Mag online me makukuhang slot para makapag renew ay wow wow no wow…

• Kris

April 2, 2018 at 8:58 AM

Dito samen kung meron lang agency talagang igagrab kona eh, kaso walang agency dito ngayon na nagpaprocess nyan, dati by choice kame pag magparenew, minsan agency, minsan walk in, tiagaan lang pero atleast alam mong maaaccomodate once you get there early, sovrang pahirap ngayon

10. Crestine

January 28, 2018 at 9:53 PM

‘O my G ‘,, ano na ba ngyayari sa DFA online appointment from today till june no vacant slots sa kahit saan DFA in manila area or province area na lng like LIPA/LUCENA/LEGASPI or kahit in TACLOBAN city na mismo sana nmn maayos nyo yung issue na to kailangan2x ko makakuha ng passport ng mama ko before april haissst grabe! Nkaka stress..

11. Maris Hidalgo

January 31, 2018 at 7:41 AM

I cannot understand why the DFA Online Passport Appointment System. There is NOT EVEN ONE schedule available in DFA Main and Satellite Offices until JUNE 2018- THIS IS TERRIBLE!!! For 22 years, this is the first that I’ve experienced this TRAGEDY. Was DFA Website hacked? What is the DFA management doing to resolve or remediate this problem?
    So DISAPPOINTING!!!

12. Lon

February 1, 2018 at 9:03 AM

Site is can’t be accessed! Said there will be additional slots…

13. joeniel ingalla

February 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM

pwde po ba mag walk in na lang sa appointment ng passport sa lucena kc ang hiram kumuha sa online ng slot puro full kaylangan ngayon month or next mkapag pa passport na ako…. tnx…. sa sagot

14. mary598

February 2, 2018 at 10:44 AM

I’ve been trying to book online for confirmation, and there’s no available at all. What kind of government service we have? Its so frustrating, all the slots are full. Mr President Rodrigo Duterte , change the system, we’re all unhappy. everyone suffered. We should go back manually, if all the slots taken from agencies and fixers.

15. Ŕodel

February 4, 2018 at 11:47 AM

Ito ay hindi na ordinaryong panloloko sa mga pangkaraniwang tao ng bansa.Bakit hindi makakuha ng appointment sa website nyo(dfa) ??? Pamahalaang Duterte bakit nyo hinahayaan na magkaganito ang inyong ahensya?Maliwanag ito na pang aabuso sa kapakanan ng maraming Pilipino karapatan naming magrenew ng passport sa maayos na pamamaraan at hindi gaya ng pamimilit ng mga trveling agency na kumuha kami ng slot sa kanila sa halagang di namin abot kaya para lang magka appointment.

16. Zenrin Duenas

February 5, 2018 at 8:54 PM

Has this been in the media? I have been checking on available slot since last year and no available slot. Let us all put this in media so they will do something about this.

17. Julidy Roa

February 6, 2018 at 8:49 PM

Kaloka n mn yung need na mag pa renew or apply di pupwede dahil daming nakikikuha ng mga slot… pera tlag nagpapaikot sa mga mundo…

18. Jet

February 7, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Pwede bang iparating Kay Pres Duterte and nangyayari sa systema ng DFA. Lalong having bulok. Maraming mga nasasayang na opportunidad lalo na as mga gusting magabroad kagaya ko.

19. Jet

February 7, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Pwede bang isumbong yan sa Tulfo Brothers!!

20. Len C

February 7, 2018 at 2:32 PM

All DFA ARE FULL TILL JUNE2018!!!! I ask one travel agency and YES they said they can get me an appointment for 2800 pesos!!!!

• Rainne

March 4, 2018 at 1:33 PM

Kurakot is on

21. Rhamgen

February 7, 2018 at 4:58 PM

This is so awful and frustrating piece of sht…. Feb- June 2018 no slot for renewal of Passport. WTF? Until when we will wait to have this stupidly…. Please vanish this Appointment system its no use at all…. Just proving how desolate our system here in Philippines, We are just giving the chance to others doing more corruption, red tapes from agencies. This is a shame of our Country…

22. Romeo Pineda

February 8, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi is useless to small wage earners. They are closed during Fridays which is the majority OFW’s day-offs. Wonder what they are doing on week days. Also no more slots for passport renewal booking. It says that all slots were reserved, to whom?

• Ian Peralta

March 21, 2018 at 1:18 AM

Wala pa rin!!! Tangina niyo DFA pakyu sagad!!

23. Furigay Girlie

February 8, 2018 at 10:02 PM

So frustrating! I need to apply passport for my son … It so ridiculous no available slot anywhere even at my province… Nkkgigill

24. TONY RHOSE G. ARIG

February 12, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Please DFA my father really need to renew his passport. for his new application abroad. what’s happening with you guys. Please do an immediate action about this problem!!!! the economy of the Philippines will be most affected from this.

• Newsbytes.ph

February 12, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Hi Tony, you don’t need any appointment if your father is a senior citizen. Just go to any DFA passport processing center with your father and I’m sure they will accommodate him.

• Newsbytes.ph

February 16, 2018 at 9:42 PM

• Khaleesi

March 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM

I have 5yo & 9yo boys. Its indicated that 7yo below doesnt need an appointment. Is it possible I can bring my 9yo as well without an appointment?

• Newsbytes.ph

March 1, 2018 at 8:51 PM

Your 5-year-old kid is okay, but we’re not sure about your 7-year-old boy.

• jhing008

March 13, 2018 at 9:33 PM

They gave concideration to my 9yo kid. They asked the age of my two kids and let us in. They simply put a note “5yo” & “9yo w/ 5yo brother” to the AFs.

• Anna

April 1, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Ibalik na lang walk-in, passport already expired dahil d makakuha ng slot online

25. Dyan Villanueva

February 15, 2018 at 4:37 PM

Hi I was trying to set an appointment for a passport. I check their website everyday and guess what, there are no slots available until June. DFA is encouraging people to book set their appointment online but they aren’t opening new slots. This is so frustrating. What is happening DFA.

26. grace

February 16, 2018 at 8:18 PM

Seriously, all appointment dates up to June 2018 are full? What is happening? I am so dissapointed with the DFA.

27. abril

February 18, 2018 at 5:12 PM

hwag nyo nalang tangalin yong pila pra makakuha ng passport atleast, di kami tanga-tanga sa kaka check dito online wala naman palang available slots! isang taon na akong pabalik-balik sa kakacheck lage nalang wala!!!!! pipila nalang ako ng maaga atleast dun sure ako may patungohan ang oras ko!!!! hay buhay!!!!!!

• MariaNoelyn Che

February 19, 2018 at 10:04 AM

pwede bang walk in nalang tapos pipila ng maaga? walang available slot online eh. kakainis

• Rhamgen

February 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM

tama…

28. Rhamgen

February 20, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Putang ina na yan… mga buwesit hanggang ngayon wala pa rin hanggnag kalian kami mag hihitantay araw araw ako nag check ng available slot puta wala talaga… I got one intended on May- 22-2018 ang daming need to filled up ng putang inang info. in the in end closed na din.. hayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss papayag ba tayo ganito ang maging system asa DFA na to? they are taking away our right our privilege as a Filipino napaka simple lang kukuh alang tayo or mag renew lang tayo putang inang PASSPORT aabotin ka ng 45 years or never… nakakaboraot ang puta….

• Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:03 PM

Tama dapat pasabugin na yang DFA para mapalitan ang lahat ng nandiyan. Nakakagigil talaga.

29. petallar james vito

February 24, 2018 at 9:59 AM

i filled up all the information since yesterday but after clicking confirm , no nortification or confirmation

30. petallar james vito

February 24, 2018 at 10:05 AM

since i did not receive a confirmation i have tried to go on line again but I am being asked to cancel that which i dont have a nortification yet . Please as a missionary my traveling documents have to always be ready for mission . Thanks

31. Sarah

February 24, 2018 at 10:20 PM

Ive been checking online appointment with the dfa since last september 2017. All are full for 3 months until now 5 months past already every night i open hoping to get an appointment but walang appointment na nangyayari puro dissapointment.hindi na m open ang dfa online appointment site.hahaha.nakakaloka.
    Very disgusting..first ko pa naman sana mag bakasyon out of the country.pero PANIS.

Papa digong.dinggin mo aming hinanaing.parang awa mo nah.

32. Reiland Lapez

February 25, 2018 at 12:54 PM

I have been trying to check the website online but still no slots available. I think the process
    of getting a passport before is much better than now.

33. Guido

February 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM

PHILIPPINES IS A CORRUPT COUNTRY!

• Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Tama

34. Rio

February 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM

Walang available slots pa rin till June!! Tas nung nagtanong sa travel agency may slots!!! MAGBABAYAD ka nga lang ng 2700!!!!!!! 1200 php sa passport the rest kanila na. Ikaw pa mamamasahe papuntang DFA ! Hayup!! MAGKAPIGSA SILANG LAHAT SA KAMAY!!!

• Khaleesi

March 1, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Ung 2700 kasama na ung 1200 pp fee? Diba hindi pa po?

• Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Pati sa paa at buong katawan nila sana

35. Khaleesi

March 1, 2018 at 3:51 PM

Hi. Just done with my passport appointment. I got an appointment for 2,000 1st week of Feb. I grabbed the opportunity since I can’t get an appointment in any site. 3days after I got the appointment I asked what will I say or show to dfa if they ask me if I’m paid or not. They said 950 for regular and 1200 for express. I was shocked. I thought passport fee was included in P2k package. But that’s for appointment itself only. I asked if they can cancel and refund my money even 1500 only but they said they can’t do it anymore because its all set. I have no choice. 2k is too much but 4500 is evil.

• cas lai

March 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM

hi can you share whom you got the appointment. Im looking for and badly needed one. Im already booked for end march to hk but when i went to dfa baguio last jan they told me I dont need to get appointment since I hold a travel docs.After accomplishing all necessary required docs I wend back the other to submit them and was told to apply for appointment only. I was so pissed that they wont even consider that they told me I dont need one. coz i would have booked one last january. And yes all slots are full and july onwards are not even open

• Jonie

March 2, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Wow! The modus still continues. They just lowered their appointment charge.

36. Vittor Fortis

March 1, 2018 at 10:32 PM

ganyan na ba karami gusto umalis ng bansa kaya walang schedule? This is a scam. May sindikato na diyan. Kailangan na po ng intervention dito…Hindi kaya ng kasalukuyang DFA ang trabaho nila!! Ang nakuha ko e May na….I need my passport this month. Fifty golden years akong nag-aabang araw at gabi, laging full kahit SAANG LUPALOP NG BANSA….Then you people have the audacity to charge 5K, maawa naman kayo sa mga kababayan ninyo!!! :-O

• Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:08 PM

Kahit magopen pa sila ng passport appointment sa ilalim ng dagat, for sure fully booked din sa dami ng corrup sa loob ng DFA. Dapat pinapasabog na yang DFA. Ginagago nila tayong lahat.

37. cas lai

March 1, 2018 at 11:48 PM

email me at caslai2018@gmail.com. anybody here who used agencies services pls help. Id rather resort to this than delay my life of not having a passport bec I cant get an appointment.

38. cas lai

March 1, 2018 at 11:53 PM

Somebody should start a petition to sign requesting to abolish this shit system which they think it curbs fixers scam and more organized system. more organized and more corruption but burdensome to us bec. we have to delay whatever we have planned for life . Id rather queue in their office from morning till evening at least I have a bigger chance to get accommodated than checking out the website 24 hours just to get an appointment…im gonna die of anemia due to being sleepless and I still would not get a slot.

39. cas lai

March 1, 2018 at 11:58 PM

I even told the dfa officer that I dont have internet at home and I cant check the site from time to time. Since up till june all slots are already full. Well his answer was Go to the internet shop. I said I dont have money to stay their for hours. HE said you have spend if you want to have an appointment. I lied acctually I do have internet connection I stayed till midnight for many days just to get convenient appointment but no luck at all.

40. cas lai

March 2, 2018 at 12:04 AM

And why would they give urgent appointment to senior citizens .children, disabled person, and pregnant. These people will not travel nor will look for a job, they will not go anywhere.Booking them for a certain time suits them. They can prioritize them in the queue but urgent appointment? it does not make sense. I who does not belong in that group needed more a passport than them. I need a passport bec. I need to travel, I need a passport bec I have to apply for job abroad, I need a passport bec. I need an ID. HAving a passport for me is an urgent matter but the government will let me have it after 4 months or more but disabled person can have it urgently. where’s justice in that.

• RAMPOLTILTSKIN

March 5, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Maybe they want you to break your leg so they can put you on the priority lane. lol.

• Rey

March 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM

apply any position in government then you can use the priority lane.
      hay buhay ni Juan laging bulok ang sistema

• Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:10 PM

Aba oo nga ang tanga tanga ng mga priority nila.

• Sassy

April 1, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Tama. Ang tanga priority pa ibibigay sa senior eh hindi naman mawowork yun gaya natin.

41. Rainne

March 4, 2018 at 1:22 PM

Bakit kaya kailangan pag mag online appointment kung pwede namang mag walkin, sana ibalik nyo ang walkin applicant mas safe pa kau sa mga bogus na nag papa appoint online. Kasi ang walkin talagang need nilang mag papassport, hay nako kurankot nga naman

42. victoria

March 4, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Again… incompetent leaders of our ver sick government.

43. rea

March 5, 2018 at 9:01 AM

no available slot from march to june 2018!!!! grrrrrrr

44. Kristine

March 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM

can someone please tell me which agency can get me a slot?

• Rey

March 14, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Kristine, madam kaya dumadami mga kurakot sa bayan natin kasi kinukunsinte natin. Eh yang mga agency na yan ang may kagagawan at mga ilang tauhan ng DFA kaya ganito ang nangyari. Libre po ang appointment huwag magbayad para hindi gawing negosyo ng mga agency at taga DFA ang schedule ng passport.

• Ben

March 29, 2018 at 3:17 PM

CORRECT!

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:06 AM

no need po magbayad. tyaga lang sa pagcheck ng slot sa website nila. based on my experience nagoopen sila ng slot 11pm-3am. Today lahat ng site nila open ang slots for month of april.

45. Sandy

March 5, 2018 at 8:22 PM

Can you schedule an appointment at any of their offices?

• Newsbytes.ph

March 5, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Nope. You have to schedule your appointment online.

46. jessica

March 5, 2018 at 10:25 PM

full tlga., hirap nmn mag paappointment., y ganun?., walk in nlng dapat pra wala ng fixers or kung ano ano pa., haisst. pls nmn., need passport for work. Paano? how can i get a passport kung evrytime i’ll check The schedule, laging NO AVAILABLE SLOTS. , maawa nmn po kau sken or sa lahat ng mga kababayan nten na di afford magbayad thru fixers mkapg paappointment lng. salamat po.

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:10 AM

try nyo po icheck website nila around 11pm-3am. Today lahat ng site nila open ang slots for month of april. Maraming beses na po akong nakapagpaappointment this yr for my family. tyaga lang po sa pagvisit sa website nila. di na po kailangang magbayad.

47. Anne

March 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Hhhhaaaaayyyyssss!

48. Bryan

March 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM

What happen to DFA Online Appointment? No Avail Slots Till June? Edi Wow! Last Year pa ako pabalik balik sa Site nila. Walang Kwenta.

49. cute

March 13, 2018 at 2:44 PM

humaba na sana ung years ng validity ng passport eh kaya pala mahaba din ung pag aantay mo mgka slot sa online appointment. it’s a tie. hay naku…

50. Mike Aguilar

March 13, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Hangang ngayon wala pa rin available slots.

51. Kris

March 13, 2018 at 11:25 PM

Pres. Duterte should order the take down of travel agencies/ fixers who created this fiasco. Pag wala na customer si corrupt DFA employee, maibabalik na ang slots. Then go after that dfa employee

52. Ana

March 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM

Hi. Just went to DFA yesterday for my kids. No appoimtment needed. Surprisingly there’s no queue. I felt sad and disappointed at the same time because I had to pay 1500 for just 1 appointment last March 1 to process my passport. Upon seeing the rage about passport appointment, there they are, relaxing and accomodating one to two applicants. Seeing empty seats and available windows make me recall all your comments here who badly need an appointment but no to avail. I dont want to drag the branch but its in Metro Manila. And take note that minors application should be in express mode, not regular. I Don’t argue since I have extra cash with me. They clearly said, oh 1200 to ha. 7 working days, March 22, 2018 release.

53. Marieta Hitchcock

March 14, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Same here, I am frustrating in this kind of online appointment…NO GOOD!!!

• Allan

March 15, 2018 at 7:48 PM

My wife needs to renew passport when back in Phils so we check out the online booking system and same as everyone here, NO Slots available. So this is the impact. Now we won’t travel in May. Who loses? PAL, CEB, taxi drivers, hotels, street vendors, retail stores, family members, etc etc Not only that but I was going to do some websites and contract some local developers. I really admire DU30 but this is BS! What a total FAIL! No 1 country to invest in ATM? I think NOT! So now we add this to the list of NO driver license cards, NO plates and now NO PASSPORTS for citizens! WTF????? This is beyond unbelievable! Our new passport will be acquired through the embassy here which is a real mess around too and takes months to receive. Maybe my wife should just relinquish her Filipino citizenship and aquire her adopted country anyway! Pissed is an understatement! Speak LOUDLY netizens!!

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:19 AM

54. Rey Torres

March 14, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Pres.Duterte please po palitan nyo lahat ng empleyado ng DFA dyan sa Passport Section at buwagin ang sistema ng Online Appointment. Ibalik na lang po yung Walk-in System para mapadali ang pagkuha ng pasaporte. Dati naman po walk-in lang.
    I-try nyo po mag online appointment wala po kayong makukuhang slot until June 2018. Nag start po yan noon pang January 2018.
    OFW po ako gusyo ko pong isama ang asawa at anak ko sa ibang bansa pero hindi po kami makakuha ng appointment slot. Bakit po mga empleyado ng gobyerno kahit po mga kamag-anakan pwedeng gamitin ang Priority Lane na gamit ng mga OFW at Sr citizen, dapat po kami din allowed na gamitin yang Priority Lane na yan para sa immediate family member naming mga OFW.
    Sana po maaksyonan naman itong pagkuha ng pasapoerte sa lalung madaling panahon.
    Maraming salamat po.

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:23 AM

check their website around 11pm-3am. ilang beses na po akong nakapagpaappointment this yr, during those time sila nag oopen ng slots. today available lahat ng slot for this month of april sa lahat ng site nila. tyaga lang po sa pagcheck ng slots everyday.

55. Veronica

March 14, 2018 at 1:32 PM

ako din, i stared checking in my computer available slots for an online appointment renewal since october 2017 but unluckily til now hindi pa din ako makakuha ng available slot…lahat ba ng tao sa pilipinas kumukuha ng passport?

• lol dfa

March 14, 2018 at 6:10 PM

I think kaya inextend nila ang passport validity to ten years kasi ganun katagal ka dapat maghintay para makakuha ng appointment slot HAHAHAHA

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:39 AM

check their website around 11pm-3am. ilang beses na po akong nakakuha ng appointment this year para sa family ko, during those time sila nag oopen ng slots. nakukuha ko yung slot a week before the appointment. today available lahat ng slot for this month of april sa lahat ng site nila. tyaga lang po sa pagcheck ng slots.

56. Sassy

March 14, 2018 at 10:14 PM

May mangyayaring pagbabago pag pinasabog yang DFA. For the sake of million Filipinos, I am happy to see to bomb that DFA

57. Anne

March 15, 2018 at 11:51 PM

Hi! After 3 weeks of checking for an appointment, finally, nakatsamba rin! super duper tyaga po talaga…yung tipong magbababantay k sa net 24/7 makakuha lang….hopefully ayusin ng DFA ang nakakalikang sistema nila!!!

• tiger roger

March 17, 2018 at 7:20 AM

grabe nga mam up to now wala pa ako makuha slot… 4 days continuous checking din ako…

58. Pissed off

March 16, 2018 at 7:16 AM

2018 na…
    March til June wlang slot… Halos araw araw akong nag visit sa site online appointment…
    Wala tlga… Ano ba Yan… Nkakapeste!!!
    Pero Ang daming NG post SA Facebook na pgbenta ng appointment SA dfa… dba free Yun? Bkt binebenta nila? Mapapamura ka tlga sa mga buwayang Tao.. lhat NG gusto nila may bayad… Sabi nga free bkt ebbenta nila….

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:43 AM

59. JP

March 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM

All the slots are full. I check everyday and all are full! There is something definitely wrong here. I hope President Duterte sees this and will respond. I am trying to get passports for my parents and I can’t!!!!

60. rvntngsnirven

March 18, 2018 at 11:34 PM

anyone who wants to book passport appointment. by the use of pagtatyaga maghanap just PM irven tiongson on FB.

• Sassy

April 1, 2018 at 11:36 AM

Agency ba yan? Diyan kaba nagbook? Magkano binayad mo?

61. Robert

March 20, 2018 at 10:30 AM

all the slots are full until june in davao, iloilo, gensan, cotabato and i decided to find a slot in manila location but in my dismay nothing is available. What’s wrong with our DFA?

62. Reo

March 20, 2018 at 8:26 PM

Come on DFA, get it together. There is no way that you can have all slots at all locations fully booked. If this is indeed the case, you have serious inefficiency issues.

63. asukinchaching

March 21, 2018 at 12:05 AM

tang ina hanggang ngayon wala pa rin slot. sino ba may kilalang hired killer dyan? Magpatumba kayo ng ilang taga DFA nang matuhan.

64. Luvheart

March 26, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Araw araw akong nagchecheck ng slot pero fully booked till June 2018. Yesterday under maintenance sya. Ang sabi until 4pm ng 25th March pero till now di pa rin mabuksan at puro error lang. Nakakadismaya kasi di na nga sila nag oopen ng slots then at 2 days ng “UNDER MAINTENANCE”. Pasensya na pero di lang ngayon nangyari ang ganitong problema. Since last year pa ata ito pero di pa rin nasosolusyunan. Hanggang kailan kaya kami maghihintay ng solusyon.

• JUAN

March 30, 2018 at 5:23 PM

hi maam/ sir i give u a hint how to get a appointment. there are two types of how appointment release. 1st is cancelled appointment and 2nd is the dfa mass slot appointment… the cancelled appointment is released randomly and when it appear to be available your need to get it as fast as you can maybe around 1-5sec because someone will get it and lucky for you if the slots goes 10sec and above… the mass appointment slots happens every week but randomly appear maybe an hour before it get full…

• MB

April 2, 2018 at 7:43 AM

sir, Pano po kung ang nakalagay lang individual appointment? wala po yung group appointment na nakalagay. family kasi kami magaaply. okay lang po ba yun an individual nalang.kung sakali iapply sya as individual sabay sabay ba kami nyan pag pumunta sa DFA? kapag click ko yung single appointment para sakin tapos labas ulit ako click ko ulit ung single appointment hanggang sa maka3 akong appintment okay lang ba yun? I mean magkakasama pa rin kami nyan na sabay sabay?Tnx

• JUAN

April 2, 2018 at 9:39 AM

tinanggal n po sya maam/sir at duon nag sisimula bakit mabilis maubos ang slot.. my suggestion is mag isa isa nalang po kayo… hindi man kau pareparehas ang schedule ay atleast makakatapos din kau.. basta ang una mo iaappoint po ay ung magulang bago ung bata lalo n pag minor at mas madaming requirements ang bata pag walang passport ang magulang/ kukuha palang…

• L

April 5, 2018 at 1:49 AM

check their website around 11pm-3am. ilang beses na po akong nakakuha ng appointment this year para sa family ko, during those time sila madalas nag oopen ng slots. nakukuha ko yung slot a week before the appointment. today available lahat ng slot for this month of april sa lahat ng site nila. tyaga lang po sa pagcheck ng slots.

65. Gimby

March 30, 2018 at 7:40 PM

Bakit po pag mag set ako ng appointment. No slot available,lahat full,pagpunta ko sa mga online services yong gusto ko na petsa is available! Anong ibig sabihin ito? Tag 250 pa naman,akala ko OK na and pilipinas,eh ganon parin . mas lumala. Kakutsaba ba ng dfa and mga nag online service ?

66. Reik

March 31, 2018 at 2:04 PM

Bwesit bwesit bwesit!! Talaga tong sistima! Mga garapal! Gabaan kayong mga buwaya sa DFA

67. MB

April 2, 2018 at 7:21 AM

Pano po kung ang nakalagay lang individual appointment? wala po yung group appointment na nakalagay. family kasi kami magaaply. okay lang po ba yun an individual nalang.kung sakali iapply sya as individual sabay sabay ba kami nyan pag pumunta sa DFA? Tnx

68. Noli

April 2, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Until now this is an issue!!!! Wala padin talaga kwenta! This should be check!

69. Bea

April 2, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Kakacheck ko lang and guess what? Ay wala pala dapat iguess… given na kasi. So as of this writing, ALL sites dont have an available date. All as in sa buong pilipinas. What a joke. Good job dfa! Keep it up!

• JUAN

April 2, 2018 at 9:00 PM

maam you should try searching for an hour to find a slot… and i m telling you that you can find a schedule good for the week only no need to wait for an 3 months… patience is a virtue.. Good day and God bless

70. sirjel

April 4, 2018 at 2:22 PM

kalokohan itong passport appointment system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

71. L

April 5, 2018 at 3:25 AM

Ilang beses na akong nakakuha ng slots this year for my family last January and now April. Lahat yun a week before the appointment. I can get earlier pa dun. My advice sa mga gustong makakuha ng slot is to check their website regularly. And ito ang dapat nyong abangan:

1. Cancelled/Rescheduled appointment – nag oopen ang slot kapag may nagcancel or nagparesched ng appointment nila. Random ito at kahit saang location. Kaya dapat lahat ng location icheck nyo rin (if kailangang kailangan nyo na ng passport). My advice is to check for it during waking hours (kung kelan tayo gising at may time para magcancel/resched ng appointment). Tingin nyo kung kayo ang magccancel ng appointment mga anong oras kaya? Paunahan nalang sa pagpapasched kasi paisa isa lang ito.

2. Mass slots from DFA – nagoopen ng maraming slots ang DFA randomly. Nakatsempo ako this January, lahat ng location may available na slots for the month of Jan-June. 11pm onwards ako nagcheck. Hindi sabay sabay na nag oopen yung slots sa lahat ng location (pdeng Aseana muna, then after several mins. sa Manila nmn etc). And then today April 4 11 pm onwards, nag-open sila ng slots for the month of April(10-30), lahat din ng oras open sa lahat ng site location nila. Madalas kong icheck ang website nila (to outwit them), kaya masasabi kong random day ito. My advice is lagi nyong icheck ang website nila, around 11pm-3am (based on my experience). AND!! pag natsempuhan nyong may isang location na maraming open na slot for the same month, wag na kayong umalis sa website nila. haha. the following mins. or hour mag oopen na rin ang ibang location. tyaga lang po kung gusto nyong makakuha ng maaga at malapit na slot sa location nyo. di nyo na po kailangang gumastos tyaga lang po talaga.

Additional advice, pag may nakita kayong slot kunin nyo na (be sure na makakapunta kayo sa day na yun) kahit medyo malayo yung lugar pero willing kayong puntahan o kaya nmn matagal pa yung date. KUNIN NIYO NA. mas ok na may slot na kayo kesa sa wala. Then, before your appointment mag abang kayo ng mas maaga or mas malapit na location at ireschedule nyo na lang appointment nyo. Make sure to confirm it on your email.

Hope this will help..

72. Ner

April 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Balik nalang sa first come first serve at least kung maaga ka makakuha ka , tiyag lang sa pila aky sa magtiyaga sa appointment system na hindi mo alam kailan makakuha,, at wala namang silbi itong appointment system nila, mya nabalit na nga nahuling mga fixers eh papano sila magkaroon ng appointment kung walang kasabwat sa loob ng DFA…Thinks about it…

73. kate

April 8, 2018 at 4:10 AM

maigi-igi pa nung panahon ni Pinoy, Hgindi nman ganyan sa DFA

74. Lm

April 9, 2018 at 7:07 PM

Kailan po ba magkakarun ng available sot ang dfa appointment system. Sa loob ng 3 months april until june 2018 fully book lahat. Ilan po b kinukuha nyo applicante kada araw kada oras. Napaka impossiblr nm fully book ng 3 months eh halos lahat n nga ng tao sa pinas nasa abroad na eh. Kailan po kami mkakatanggap ng himala na sana magkarun ng available slot. Baka nmn pinapaasa nyo lan kami. di nmn kaya magkanu b presyohan sa loob para makakuha ng available slot. Kasi napakaimpossible sa lahat ng branches nyo fully book lahat. Kala bba namin nag improved . tama nga nmn nag improved ng 10yers ugung expiration so ibg sabihin 10 years dn kami mag aantay kung kailan magkakarun ng slot. Justice please.

75. Analiza Jalova Ison

April 10, 2018 at 1:38 AM

Tyagaan lng po tlga mag abang ng slot. Luckily naikuha ako ng frend ko last March 19 and naideliver ndin skin through LBC last thursday

76. cyra

April 12, 2018 at 7:21 AM

bago na system ng dfa kelangan nyo na mag pay ng passport fee bago isend sainyo appointment papers nyo. parang nbi nrn sa bayad centers na magbabayad para di na kau makaatras sa appointment nyo and maobliga kau pumunta nasasayang kc slot sa mga nagcacancel lang or di nagpupunta sa appointment date nila as if naman maibigay pa sa iba yung sinayang nilang slot.. and di po totoo na pag may nagcancel pwedeng may makuha ka slot ..

77. Jen

April 16, 2018 at 9:57 AM

So sad until now wala pa ring slots for the next 3 months. Grabe naman!

78. katrina

April 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM

this duterte admin is so incompetent! ito ba ang change na ipinangako? renewal ng passport lang pinahirapan pa ang buhay ko! leche!

79. Lucena Embroidery

April 22, 2018 at 3:13 AM

Nakakasawa ng tumingin at mag intay sa slot. Sana naman poy mabago ang maling sistema ng DFA pahirap lagi nalang no slot dumadami na fixer, nakakapagtaka bat sila may nakukuhang slot.

• Ana

April 24, 2018 at 5:53 AM

yeah almost everyday narin ako laging kakatingin sa slot but still full..ggrrr,..i dont think the dfa been hacked…sa tingin ko corrupt na naman to 🙁 kasi ang mga agency makakakuha ng slot pag sa kanila tayo mag papa.appointment din ang laki ng hiningi..lol lahat nalang tumaas pati ba naman sa pag kuha ng appointment 🙁 what a nice world 2018..lol

80. Jose Imperial

April 25, 2018 at 9:58 PM

ganyan talaga dito sa Pinas. Pinapahirapan kapwa pinoy. puro corrupt, wala ng pagbabago. till no, wala man lang available slots, pero sa mga agency meron? LOL

81. jesson

April 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM

ano bang nangyayari sa dfa online appoinment? nakaka disappoint nah! 2 and half months na ako ng aantay nag aabang ng online appointment full parin, magtatapos na naman buwan ng April wala parin slot available!!! ??????????

Comment on this post